23. 10. 2016.

Engleski jezik III- Slavica Stevanović
Vežbanja Simple Present Tense/Present Continuous Tense

I Choose the most suitable tense
1. What sort of work do you do/are you doing? 2. I can’t talk now. I cook/I’m cooking the dinner. 3. What shall we have? Do you like/ Are you liking Italian food? 4. Can I borrow your pen? Or do you use/ are you using it? 5. Follow that bus. Than you turn/ are turning right. 6. A lot of people still think that the Sun goes/ is going round the Earth. 7. Excuse me, do you read/ are you reading your newspaper? Could I borrow it? 8. Peter builds/ is building his own cottage in the country.
II Present Simple/Present Continuous
1. There’s nobody here and the door is locked. What we (do) now? 2. What you (look) at? I (wear) the wrong clothes again? 3. I (look) after Matt’s cat this weekend. You (want) to help me? 4. Who (drive) that Porch that’s parked outside? 5. Who your sister (dance) with? That’s not her friend, is it? 6. My Mom still (have) a pain in her back but it (get) better. 7. He (not look) very tidy. He (wear) dirty clothes all the time. 8. I (write) in reply to your advertisement in the Daily News. 9. This plant (not grow) very much. And I (water) it every day. 10. Whenever she (come) here she (stay) at her aunt’s.
 III set up/lay off/ bring out/ bid for/ close down
1. He intends to _____a new monthly magazine. 2. The banks had to _____ a lot of branches in villages last year. 3. They _____a dot com company, sold it a couple of years later on the Stock Exchange and made an absolute fortune. 4. Nineteen companies have indicated their intention to _____the contract.  5. They had to __ the clerk ___ for stealing mail.  

КЕY
I 1. do you do 2. I'm cooking...3. Do you like...? 4. are you using it? 5. turn 6. the Sun goes...7....are you reading...? 8. ...is building...
II 1. What do we do now? 2. What are you looking at? Am I wearing the wrong clothes again? 3. I am looking after Matt's cat this weekend? Do you want to help me? 4. Who drives that Porch that's parked outside? 5. Who is your sister dancing with? 6. My Mom still has a pain in her back but it is getting better. 7. He doesn't look very tidy. He wears dirty clothes all the time.8. I am writing in reply to your advertisement in the Daily News. 9. This plant isn't growing very much. And I water it every day. 10. Whenever she comes here she stays at her aunt's.
III 1. bring out 2. close down  3. set up 4. bid for 5. lay...off

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар